Asiwaju is a Yoruba word with the literal meaning – “leader”.
Mukadam is an Arabic title with the literal meaning – “expediter”, “facilitator”, or “assistant”.
Needles to go into the meaning of his other names, Mukadam Asiwaju Asiru Idris is very exceptional in exhibiting without dilution the traits of his names.
Asiwaju a seasoned Financial Manager, who among his contemporaries rapidly grew to be Head Of Department, Director and Manager in Banking Sector before he was invited by the result oriented, enterprising achiever and pertinacious Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello to be the Finance Commissioner of the State.
Mukadam, being a sagacious Finance Manager, became the Chairman of the Forum of States Commissioner for Finance.
The Mukadam and Asiwaju has expressed “Leadership” and “Assistance” in numerous ways, some of which are:
• Provision of support to about 200 less privileged students in registering for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) National Examination Council (NECO) annually.
• For community development, Mukadam facilitated and expedited the resuscitation of Isanlu Water Works, Isanlu Township re-electrification, and provision and repairs of borehole water facilities for several communities.
• Paid school fees of over 500 higher institutions students, and still playing.
• For ease of political movements and as the party gets more popular, he has dished put over 30 automobiles to party loyalists, and still giving more.
• For the purpose of empowerment and ease of businesses, he has distributed over 250 motorcycles; and set up Business Support Programmes for over 100 petty traders and market women.
• Expedited career jobs to several youths.
• Establishment of Health Support and Feeding Programmes for the aged.
Not included in the above list are his tremendous efforts in giving emergency financial supports to anyone who come his way.
All of these benevolence are scattered across Kogi State.
Asiru Idris is indeed an “Asiwaju” and a “Mukadam”.
Kogi Online is a platform that brings you the best in news, sports, entertainment and lots more in and around Kogi State. We also give you an interactive opportunity to chat with other visitors via our FORUM page and air your view. Keep up with Kogi Forum and you’ll be glad you did